Florence Aftermath

Florence Aftermath
Debris from historic homes

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Memories of Cape Lookout

Many years ago (and every chance we got),  my Downeast friends and I would pack up a skiff (which was docked at Marshallberg) and we would head ourselves over to Cape Lookout for adventure.  Because of the generosity of my friends ere long ago,  I have been able to see Cape Lookout by firelight, by moonlight, in loneliness, in remoteness and under broiling heat and even during a strange storm that the Downeaster's call a "mullet blow." 

Last night I was going through old photographs and I came across this old one which was taken from the last time I was over at the Cape.  This was taken a few years ago and though it had been a beautiful day at the Cape on that day, my camera (alas) was not a state of the art digital camera.  The result was an average digital photograph of a breathtakingly beautiful scene.

So, I took the photo (attached with good memories) and exported it over to my new photo editor at Picnik.
These are some of the perspectives that came out as a result...

Here is the original photo....


Here is the same photograph which I tweaked in various ways ...


      

No comments: